Barriers To Waste Heat Recovery
- Technology is available for high temperature recovery using conventional HRSG ( heat recovery steam generators) and Steam turbine Generators using Rankine cycle
- Rankine cycle is not suitable for Low temperature heat recovery
- ORC technology for Low grade heat recovery is available in Europe and other parts of the world. But the systems are Too expensive to adapt
- Pay back period is too long
- Economically not feasible due to the subisidised electricity tariffs
Risk Reward Imbalance
- Any new technology, users would initially perceive high risk
- If the economic benefit due to the technology is not sustainable due to High Capital expenditure, there is no motivation to take the RISK
What IS ORC SYSTEM?
- ORC Stands for Organic Rankine Cycle.
- ORC systems use Organic Fluid in place of water.
- In a ORC system Organic Fluid vapor will drive the Turbine in place of Steam ( Rankine Cycle).
- ORC systems can work on Low temperature Heat resources.
- ORC systems are best suited for Low temperature Heat Recovery.
ORC Power systems – FEATURES
- Organic fluids have low specific consumption of vapor in the Turbine expander.
- Plants work on Closed Loop control and automation.
- Suitable for remote monitoring and control.
- Very Low maintenance and operating cost.
- Faster supply Construction period ( maximum 6 to 9 months).
- Faster Pay back period ( less than 3 years)
ORC SYSTEMS – AVAILABILITY
High Temperature ORC systems
- Temperature Range : 70 Deg C to 170 Deg C
- Power range : 10 KW to 1000 KW
- ORC Fluids : R245 Fa, R134, 3M Fluids
- System efficiency : up to 14%
Low Temperature ORC systems
- Temperature Range : 170 Deg C 70 300 Deg C
- Power range : 250 KW to 10 MW
- ORC Fluids : Cyclo pentane, hexane, n-heptane, Tolune
- System efficiency : up to 25%
Innovative Business Models
Project is Offered by FIRST ESCO through innovative business models
20% investment by Mahindra Sanyo and 80% Funding by FIRST ESCO. Monthly EMI payment by Customer. At the end of the period Plant is handed over to the customer.
100% Funding by FIRST ESCO, Customer signs a Power purchase agreement. At the end of the period plant is sold to Customer at nominal price.